Six Reasons Your Kids will love Summer Camp
Now is the time of year you may start reading or hearing about summer camp for your children. Maybe you are receiving mail from your school or church about Girl Scout camp or Bible Studies camp. Possibly, there is an out of town ballet scholarship your child won at a dance convention, and you’re wondering if she has enough emotional maturity to go away for a week without you. If this is your first child or your only child, spending a week without you present may not be what you want to think about right now.
Remember when you would stay during the entire soccer, dance, or gymnastics practice? Eventually, you had to run errands and clean the house or do laundry, and you adjusted to dropping them off on their own. When you leave them at camp, they can adjust to their new surroundings. Hopefully, since they will be so busy enjoying their new environment and activities, they won’t get homesick. Meanwhile, they are learning valuable life lessons about the world, making new social connections, and discovering their own self-reliance. They will be responsible for making their own bed, choosing their own outfits, and combing their own hair. There is a good chance that during Summer Camp, your child will not only make new friends but also build self-esteem.
There is no need to worry. Here are our six reasons your kids will love Summer Camp.
- They will discover their own independence. As they experience each new adventure and success on their own, they will build confidence.
- Kids discover that when they unplug their electronics, there is always something to do. They may take up a new hobby or learn how to swim. Camp offers them a different view away from their computer screen.
- Camp helps conquer fears. A lot of fear is the fear of the unknown. Once your child experiences Summer Camp, being away from you is no longer an unknown.
- Develop skills including social skills.
- Learning and enjoying being in nature.
- Making new friends. Camp creates friendships. Everyone is new there, and they are all trying to make new connections.
What if you feel that you have already overprotected your child and sheltered them too much? You still sit and watch them during two hours of gymnastics or soccer practice. Maybe now is not the time to leave them without you for an entire week if you have never left them alone for even two hours. There are other options such as Summer Day Camps where they go home in the evening.
If you live in the Cleveland, Ohio area, check out Adrenaline Monkey’s Ninja Warrior Camp this summer! If you register before March 8th, you can save 10% on summer camp! Use coupon code “warriorcamp10” at checkout!